Your safety is extremely important to us, and here is some advice for you to be safe.
- Trust your instincts; if something seems suspicious or too good to be true, then it probably is!
- DON’T send MONEY: Please ‘Contact Us (add link to that takes the user to the form) if you are in a doubt. We will be happy to help you.
- Is this listing for real?
We try our best to screen all the listings and the companies listed. However, we always recommend that you research the company/person you are auditioning for so that you completely understand what the project is and what is expected. Please let us know by using the link “Report Here” (the user should again be taken to the form to fill it in).
- Safety in and during the audition: We expect all casting be professionals and to comply with all the legal requirements. We recommend that you to do your checks and do not accept responsibility for any misconduct by either parties.
Some tips to ensure safety include:
- Check exactly what is required of you before attending an audition.
- Use Google to research the company or person that you are auditioning for.
- Check the location of the audition. If it's in a hotel or bar, or at someone's house, that should raise some red flags.
- Take a friend, parent, or colleague with you to the audition.
- Don't be afraid to say 'no' to anything that you aren't comfortable doing.
- Always read contracts carefully before signing them.